Interesting links of the week (2020 #5)
Interested in a great book on leadership? Check out "The Leadership Journey" from my friend Jim Holmes. This is not a referral link and I get nothing for it. I'm just trying to promote a great book!
Here are some interesting articles and blog posts I’ve run into over the last week (Jan 27 - Feb 2, 2020):
- What is a Software Architect?
- Microsoft: Move from Traditional ASP.NET to 'Core' Requires 'Heavy Lifting'
- The Next Decade of .NET Open Source
- So you want to become a software QA professional?
- The Microsoft Developer page
- Steven Sinofsky explains how the launch of the iPad stunned the Windows team and led to more failed Windows projects
- PostgreSQL For Those Who Can’t Even, Part 1
- Tips for Testing Your API
- Integrated systems for integrated programmers
- Why the TypeScript team is using Gatsby for its new website
Non-Technology / Random
- In 2019, more Americans went to the library than to the movies. Yes, really.
- Who Killed the Weekend?
- How to Take a Picture of the Moon That Doesn’t Look Like a Tiny, White Blob
- Information Overload is a Fake Problem
- When You Don’t Know What to Do, Make Tea
- Process Bikeshedding
- Teach Kids How to Get Around Without a Smartphone
- The Scientists Persuading Terrorists to Spill Their Secrets
- Distinction Bias: Why You Make Terrible Life Choices
- 21 Rhetorical Devices Explained
- Dyslexia Doesn’t Work the Way We Thought It Did
- Why We’re Better Off With Fewer Friends
- Time Management Is About More Than Life Hacks