Interested in a great book on leadership? Check out "The Leadership Journey" from my friend Jim Holmes. This is not a referral link and I get nothing for it. I'm just trying to promote a great book!
Here are some interesting articles and blog posts I’ve run into over the last week (Feb 17 - Feb 23, 2020):
- 25 years of Delphi and no Oracle in sight: Not a Visual Basic killer but hard to kill
- Why developers like to code at night
- Why I dislike tuple return types
- The Horrifically Dystopian World of Software Engineering Interviews
- The Only Type of API Services I'll Use
- AZURE APPS DEMO MAP
- Use a PowerShell Cmdlet to Count Files, Words, and Lines
- 11 Ruby on Rails Podcasts Worth Your Time
- Is Blazor For Everyone?
- Free Software Foundation sends hard drive to Microsoft to get Windows 7 source code
- Under the hood of "Default Interface Methods"
- Is Simplicity Always the Goal?
- Over half of IT departments were unable to deliver on all their projects last year
- How to Craft a Command Line Experience that Developers Love
- CQRS + Event Sourcing – Step by Step
Non-Technology / Random
- No engineer has ever sued a company because of constructive post-interview feedback. So why don’t employers do it?
- The Problem with ‘Hack’ Culture
- Play Is Disappearing From Kindergarten. It’s Hurting Kids.
- What Skills Do Product Managers Need?
- We’re Teaching History Wrong
- Why the Presidency Can’t Just Go Back to ‘Normal’ After Trump
- Garbage Language Why do corporations speak the way they do?
- Why Six Hours Of Sleep Is As Bad As None At All
- Enjoy The Extra Day Off! More Bosses Give 4-Day Workweek A Try
- How I Learn