Interesting links of the week (2022-36)
Today is Labor Day in the United States.
Here are some interesting articles, blog posts, videos, and GitHub repositories I’ve run into over the last week (August 29, 2022 - September 4, 2022):
- Write Better Commits, Build Better Projects - This is honestly one of the best blog posts I've ever read!
- Message-oriented Minimal APIs in ASP.NET Core
- A Comprehensive Agile Testing Methodology for Effective Software Development
- Refactor code to use new C# language features
- Convert Problematic Data in SQL Server
- What Devs Must Know About APIs before Designing and Using Them
- Understanding Asynchronous APIs
- Git’s database internals I: packed object store
- Git’s database internals II: commit history queries
- Git’s database internals III: file history queries
- Git’s database internals IV: distributed synchronization
- Git’s database internals V: scalability
- Testing and Software Quality: Creating Happy Users
- How to Test a REST API with .NET and xUnit
- Naming Things - Common Actions and Events
- Incrementally Migrating an ASP.NET Framework application to Razor Pages
- Design Thinking in Software Testing
- On Giving Technical Guidance to Others
- What Distinguishes Great Software Engineers?
- Devops: An Idea so Good, No One Admits They Don’t Do It
- Changing Company Culture Requires a Movement, Not a Mandate
- Five things you need to know about setting the right goals for engineering teams
- How to break the cycle of tech debt
- Vital Skills of an Effective Agile Coach (From the Developers Point of View)
- Shifting from Tasks to User Stories
- The Product Culture Shift
- Why are you so busy?
- 5 Minute DevOps: SAFe Isn’t