Interesting links of the week (2022-51)
Here are some interesting articles, blog posts, videos, and GitHub repositories I've run into over the last week (December 12, 2022 - December 18, 2022)
Here is my C# Advent entry for December 16!
My Favorites from the Week
- If I Die Tomorrow, I Won’t Have To Do That Thing With That Guy (David Todd McCarty)
- Write tests. Not too many. Mostly integration.
- Protocol: A beautiful starting point for your next API documentation site
- How your “Sr.” Devs incurred Technical Debt
- Array, List, Collection, Set, ReadOnlyList - what? A comprehensive and exhaustive list of collection-like types
- Building Minesweeper - Showing Why Logic Should Not Be in the UI (Brendan Enrick)
- 'Is WPF Dead?' Some Devs Claim 'Yes' as Microsoft Relegates Issues/PRs to the Community
- Ultimate Tools for Developers
- How to Close a Pull Request - Merge Commit vs Squash vs Rebase on GitHub
- Super Useful CSS Resources
- Testing In Dotnet
- Share on Mastodon button for Jekyll
- 7 Examples of Quality API Design Style Guides
- A Debugging Manifesto
- Toaster-friendly alternative web protocol Gemini attracts criticism for becoming exclusive clique
- Recommended Approach to Encryption in SQL Server
- 6 Command Line (PowerShell & CLI) Tips & Tricks for Microsoft Azure you should know about!
- Should You Be Worried About AI Taking Your Job?
- How Leaders Build Trust
- The Best Leaders Practice and Model Self-Care
- Three simple ways to tackle problems better as a leader
- Ten Common Mistakes New Managers Make
- Doing “No” Better
- Encouraging autonomy within engineering teams (may require a login)
Project Management / Agile
- Twitter bans promotion of accounts on other social media sites, including Facebook, Instagram and Truth Social
Non-Technology / Random
- Who’s Afraid of a Four-Day Work Week?
- Selfish Writing
- ‘You’ll never see Michael Caine blink’: An oral history of The Muppet Christmas Carol at 30
- Azure Infrastructure Weekly Update - 16th December 2022 (John Savill)
- Kickstart Your Neovim Config (Elijah Manor)
- John Denver and the Muppets sing 12 Days of Christmas
Things I Learned
- Nothing this week, more coming soon