Interesting links of the week (05/07 – 05/13, 2018)
Here are some articles and blog posts I’ve run into over the last week that I found interesting.
- Why Programming Language “Rust” is Getting all the Love
- Why Senior Devs Write Dumb Code and How to Spot a Junior From A Mile Away
- New CSS Features That Are Changing Web Design
- Professor Frisby's Mostly Adequate Guide to Functional Programming
- How to Get Buy-in for Reducing Technical Debt
- Microservices: A quick and simple definition
- GitHub Contribution Chart Generator
- my struggle to learn react
- This is why successful people are unhappy in middle age — and what to do about it
- Learning How to Learn: 70 Books Guaranteed To Accelerate Your Learning And Unlock Your Potential
- Learning Is a Learned Behavior. Here’s How to Get Better at It.
- Research: Do People Really Get Promoted to Their Level of Incompetence?
- Three-day no-meeting schedule for engineers
- The true cost of email and IM: You only have 1 hour and 12 minutes of uninterrupted productive time a day
- Putting a value on a story