Interesting links of the week (2022-46)
I started a new series to document Things I Learned. You'll also notice a new category for Social Media, mostly because of all the great Mastodon content I've been finding.
Here are some interesting articles, blog posts, videos, and GitHub repositories I've run into over the last week (November 7, 2022 - November 13, 2022)
- Apple fired 4,100 when Steve Jobs returned in 1997 (DHH)
- Designing a write API for Datasette
- Welcome to C# 11 (Mads Torgersen)
- DevTools Tips
- How to build a Wall Mounted Family Calendar and Dashboard with a Raspberry Pi and cheap monitor (Scott Hanselman)
- Announcing the .NET Virtual Monolithic Repository
- How to run a GitHub Action on a schedule
- Design patterns explained with sketches
- What’s the Difference Between Microservices and Web Services?
- Understanding the Role of a Developer Evangelist
Project Management / Agile
- The Rise and Fall of Story Points
- Meetings Bloody Meetings – Why do we have so many…?
- Epics, Features and User Stories
- The Day I Left Twitter And Discovered Summer Camp
- Mastodon is just blogs
- An unofficial guide to Mastodon & the Fediverse
- Is Mastodon The Future Of Social Media?
- Your words are wasted (An old, but great post by Scott Hanselman)
Non-Technology / Random
- Jewel-Box Heroes: Why the CD Revival Is Finally Here
- All the Free Resources You Can Find at Your Library
- Thoughts on layoffs and making points through writing
- Just Don't
- The Paradox Of Choice
- 33 Dramatic Predictions for 2030
- Time and energy.
- The DevChatter Channel on YouTube
- The .NET Conf 2022 Playlist
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Update - 13th November 2022 (John Savill)